Fairmount Ventures is seeking an Associate to support the full range of Fairmount’s core services, with a primary focus on strategic planning, organizational transformation, and fundraising consulting. This is a full-time, hybrid position based in Center City Philadelphia with a minimum of two days per week in the office. In this role, the Associate will gain exposure to nonprofit organizations working in a variety of sectors – including education, human services, and economic development among others – and will learn from Fairmount’s team of seasoned development and strategic planning consultants.
Core responsibilities of the position include:
- ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT – Balance a diverse portfolio of client projects with multiple deadlines; develop and maintain project work plans and information trackers; record meeting notes; schedule meetings and interviews; communicate with internal teams and clients about findings, challenges, and progress; manage online grant submissions on behalf of clients.
- WRITING – Draft summaries of research assignments, including initial implications for clients; draft or adapt sections of needs assessments, concept papers, and plans; compose outreach memos for clients to send to their stakeholders; develop proposals for foundations, corporations, and government funding sources through a mix of original writing and adaptation of existing proposals; write profiles for donors and funders, individual donor letters, and other client deliverables.
- RESEARCH & ANALYSIS – Conduct stakeholder interviews; research best practices, demographic data, market data, budget and fundraising data, foundations and individual donor and board prospects; synthesize research and identify themes and implications from research and interviews to support strategy development and execution.
Education, Experience and Skills:
We are looking for someone who:
- Feels energized and excited by complex questions and sticky problems.
- Is excited to think deeply, ask questions, and challenge assumptions.
- Has exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to create connections between concepts and explain complicated ideas clearly and persuasively.
- Has experience conducting research, synthesizing information, and applying strong analytical skills.
- Has a proven record of working on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Has the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Has excellent organizational skills.
- Feels comfortable engaging with clients and providing thoughtful and service-oriented support.
- Has at least 2 years of relevant work experience and a college degree
Compensation for this position is between $50,000 – $55,000 and based on candidates’ qualifications, experience, skills and education. Fairmount offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, personal, sick, and volunteer time off, medical, and dental coverage, and a 401k retirement plan.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, two original professional writing samples, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Associate” in the subject line.
Applications will be received until March 31, 2023.
Fairmount Ventures is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to inclusion in hiring and professional development to create a diverse staff.