Don Kligerman, President of Fairmount Ventures, will join a panel of experts at the Philadelphia Social Innovations Journal’s “Innovations through Collaboration and Partnerships” event. The event will look at how working together through collaboration and partnerships can drive innovation and sustainability in the nonprofit and social sector.
Don, along with other members of the panel, will discuss key elements to successful collaborations. Fairmount has facilitated numerous affiliation discussions among a wide variety of nonprofits over the past two-plus decades, some of which have resulted in highly effective partnerships, affiliations and mergers, and others which have concluded with everyone deciding to just be friends.
Partnering with PSIJ is the Urban Affairs Coalition’s Coalition U Initiative, United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey, and Public Health Management Corporation.
Regional and national experts on collaborations, collective impact strategies and mergers, along with experienced local nonprofit leaders, will share best practices on successful partnerships and also discuss how, unlike the private sector, few nonprofits enter into such partnerships and far fewer affiliate or merge with other nonprofits.
The fine print:
When: Friday, September 18, 2015
Time: 8:30 AM – Noon
Where: Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC), 1500 Market Street, Lower Mezzanine, Philadelphia, PA 19102
Speakers, experts, and leaders include:
- Jess Cavagnero, SeaChange Capital Partners
- Richard J. Cohen, Public Health Management Corporation
- Ashley Del Bianco, City of Philadelphia Citywide Partnership
- Kevin Dow, United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
- Kevin Fee, Angler West Consultants, Inc.
- Don Kligerman, Fairmount Ventures
- Roy Leitstein, Legacy Treatment Services (Merger of the Children’s Home & The Drenk Center)
- John MacIntosh, SeaChange Capital Partners
- Maari Porter, The Philanthropy Network
- Arun Prabhakaran, Urban Affairs Coalition
- Sharmain Matlock-Turner, Urban Affairs Coalition
- Wanda Mial, ACHIEVEability
- Jessica Richards, CultureWorks Philadelphia
- Lois Savage, Lodestar Foundation
- Laura Solomon, Laura Solomon & Associates
- Michael Vogel, Turning Points for Children
- Patricia Wellenbach, Greentree School & Services
- Ana Lisa Yoder, The Philadelphia Foundation
While the event is now sold out, Fairmount will be live tweeting all of the event’s insights and action throughout the day! Follow us on Twitter at @FairmountV and follow the hashtag #socialinnovation.
If you like this post, browse Fairmount’s monthly collection of ideas for people who want to achieve greater impact, see better fundraising results, and stay connected to the region’s impact creators. Subscribe here – it’s free.